Which bank is the best to deposit? This is a hot topic that is being studied a lot in recent times. So with the desire to help people get the answers they want, today in this article will be the information that answers all.
So if you are also having the same concern, take some time to read the article. You will surely find useful knowledge to apply when you need it.
Table of Contents
What is a bank deposit?
Saving in a bank is an accumulation of money in a certain period of time but without a plan to use it (idle money) that is deposited in a bank for the purpose of periodic interest. This is considered as the safest form of profitable investment today compared to other risky investment forms such as real estate, securities, etc.
What is the due date?
The maturity date is the last day of the deposit term, the bank will pay the customer the principal amount and the interest amount.
- Land price prediction in 2022
- What is a loan limit? Regulations on maximum loan limit
- What is 18K Italian Gold? How much is the price today 1 only? Should I buy it?
- Update Sacombank ATM card withdrawal limit
- How much money do you need to open a savings account? How to open a savings number?
What is a passbook settlement?
Finalization of a passbook is when a customer goes to the bank to withdraw the entire amount deposited in advance. Customers can choose to settle the savings book on the due date or the previous time.
Forms of bank savings
Types of bank deposits include:
|Send savings without term||Customers can withdraw at any time but the interest rate is usually the lowest.|
|Term Savings Deposit||It is a form of savings deposit for a certain period of time. Commonly applied terms include 1 month, 3 months, 5 months, 6 months, 9 months, 12 months, 18 months, 24 months and 36 months. Interest rates are usually high. However, when customers withdraw before the maturity date, they will only receive the interest rate without term.|
|Send ladder savings||As a form of deposit, the higher the interest rate. Usually applied with a minimum amount of 100 million VND.|
|Savings in installments||It is a form of savings deposit that allows customers to deposit more money many times during the saving period.|
Why should you deposit money in a bank?
Why should people choose savings at banks instead of financial investment channels? The answers to this question include:
Saving bank accounts with interest, low risk
Depositing money in a bank, the first benefit is that you will enjoy an additional monthly interest rate. The deposit is profitable continuously during the deposit process. In which, the most important thing when saving a bank account is not to be afraid of risk. In other words, depositing money in a bank does not have the risk of loss like investing in gold or stocks. This is the first reason that people prefer to deposit money in the bank.
Withdrawal of principal and interest flexibly when depositing in a bank
When you deposit money in a bank, you can withdraw both principal and interest when you want. It only takes a few hours to complete the procedure and the bank will refund the exact amount you sent. Unlike when you deposit money at other investment channels.
Withdrawing savings at investment channels, you have to wait for the market to rise. At this time, your investment can only be sold to get cash. The withdrawal process is very complicated. You can’t get the money right when you need it. This is the second reason people trust banks.
There are also some other advantages such as:
- Flexible deposit time: Customers can deposit savings on a monthly or even quarterly basis. That amount depends on your financial ability.
- Convenience: You can transfer accounts from internet Banking service or at counters.
- Interest rate: The interest rate that customers accumulate monthly is preferential and sustainable.
- Safety: This is probably a huge advantage compared to other forms of investment. Because, investing always comes with risks. However, with the support of banks as well as the state. You can rest assured every time you save money.
- Get deposit insurance: Deposit insurance is a guarantee for bank depositors. If your savings bank fails, you will be covered by state deposit insurance.
Classification of savings deposit interest rates
Bank interest rates depend on the following factors:
- Sending term: short term, medium term, long term.
- Deposit type: indefinite and with term.
- Deposits: With some banks, when you reach a certain amount of deposits, you will enjoy a preferential interest rate
- Method of receiving interest: receive interest at the beginning, middle and end of the period.
Which bank should be the safest?
Banking Groups in Vietnam
Currently, there are 3 basic groups of banks in Vietnam, including:
- Group 1: A BIG group of 4 including Agribank, VietinBank, BIDV and Vietcombank
- Group 2: Including joint stock commercial banks such as Dong A, ACB, Sacombank, Techcombank, VPBank…
- Group 3: Foreign banks such as Shinhan Bank, Standard Charter
List of the most prestigious savings banks today
First, group 3 is the group of banks that you should not save here. Why, because a group of foreign banks invests in Vietnam, the main purpose is to support unsecured loans, personal and corporate financial services, not to attract capital in the form of savings accounts. thrifty.
Then only group 1 and group 2 for us to choose.
Next, if you are interested in the safety factor than the savings interest rate, you should consider group 1, ie the big 4 group. These are the 4 largest banks in Vietnam, having state origin, so the safety is almost excellent. opposite to. However, deposit interest rates at these banks will not be as high as group 2.
Final, if you are interested in the profit factor when saving, then group 2 is the priority group. This is the group of banks with the highest deposit interest rates today. In terms of safety, you should not be too worried because these banks are all under the management of the State Bank, if there is any problem, the SBV will intervene to support.
List of the top 10 most prestigious banks in Vietnam for your peace of mind when saving:
|STT||Bank name||English name|
|first||Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam (Vietcombank)||Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam|
|2||Vietnam Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Industry and Trade (VietinBank)||Vietnam Joint Commercial Bankn for Industry and Trade|
|3||Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (BIDV)||Bank for Investment & Development of Vietnam|
|4||Vietnam Technological and Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Techcombank)||Vietnam Technological and Commercial Joint Stock Bank|
|5||Asia Commercial Joint Stock Bank (ACB)||Asia Commercial Joint Stock Bank|
|6||Military Commercial Joint Stock Bank (MB Bank)||Military Commercial Joint Stock Bank|
|7||Vietnam Prosperity Joint Stock Commercial Bank (VPBank)||Vietnam Prosperity Joint Stock Commercial Bank|
|8||Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development of Vietnam (Agribank)||Vietnam Bank For Agriculture and Rural Development|
|9||Saigon – Hanoi Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SHB)||Saigon – Hanoi Commercial Joint Stock Bank|
|ten||Saigon Thuong Tin Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Sacombank)||Saigon Thuong Tin Commercial Joint Stock Bank|
Which bank should deposit with the best interest rate?
Interest rate when saving is also a factor that many customers are interested in when saving, here are the banks with the best savings interest rates today:
|Period||1 month||2 months||3 months||6 months||12 months||24 months||36 months|
|VPBank (2)||4.40 – 4.55%||4.40 – 4.55%||4.45 – 4.65%||6.60-6.90%||6.70 – 7.00%||6.80 – 7.30%||6.80 7.30%|
|ACB (2)||4.50 – 4.60%||4.55 – 4.65%||4.75%||6.30 – 6.60%||6.70 – 7.00%||7.05 – 7.35%||7.05 – 7.35%|
|Sacombank||4.75%||4.75%||4.75%||6.50 – 6.90%||7.10 – 7.30%||7.80 – 8.00%||7.90 – 8.10%|
|MB Bank||4.60%||4.70%||4.75%||6.20%||7.20% (3)||7.40% (4)||7.10%|
- (2): Depends on the deposit amount.
- (3): For interest paid after 12 months: Applicable to savings of VND 200 billion or more.
- (4): For interest paid after 24 months: Applicable for savings of VND 200 billion or more
Find out what is compound interest?
How to calculate interest rate when depositing in a bank?
Currently, there are 2 popular methods of calculating interest as follows:
Method 1: Calculated according to the actual sending date of the customer, which day to send (SCB, CBBank, Bac A Bank, Vietbank, HDBank…).
Interest = deposits x interest rate (% per year) x actual delivery days / 360 days (by year) or 30 days (by month)
Method 2: Interest rates are rounded up to a month, a month, whether 28 days or 31 days, is rounded up to 30 days (Viet A Bank, Agribank, Indovina Bank, National Bank….)
Interest = Deposits x interest rate (% per year) x number of months sent / twelfth
Eg: Deposit amount is 200 million, deposit term is 13 months, interest rate is 8.5%/year, deposit date is 1/2/2017, maturity date: 2/2/2018, interest rate will be calculated as follows:
- Method 1: Profit = 200,000,000 x (365+31) /360 x 0.085 = 18,700,000 VND
- Method 2: Profit = 200,000,000 x 13 / 12 x 0.085 = 18,416,666 VND
Find out how to calculate the most accurate bank loan interest today
Experience in safe bank savings
Determine deposit time and savings deposit amount
Saving money at the bank you need to choose the appropriate deposit term. If your money source is quite idle, you should deposit it with a long term. This way you will enjoy many benefits when sending. On the contrary, if your money is limited and you need it to be able to use it when needed, you should send it with a short term. Your choice of deposit term will affect your monthly interest rate.
Specifically, refer to some suggestions below:
- Demand deposit: Customers can withdraw at any time, but the interest rate is low, usually less than 1%.
- Term Savings Deposit: For long-term savings customers, the interest rates are usually quite high.
- Flexible savings deposit: You can withdraw a part of your money from your savings account, and the rest will still be charged normal interest.
- Accumulated savings deposit: Suitable for customers who do not have abundant financial resources but have a stable job.
- Term savings deposit Floating interest rate: An option for customers who are not afraid of interest rate fluctuations in the future. This is a highly profitable but risky opportunity compared to a regular savings package.
- Ladder savings deposit: The interest rate is progressive according to the deposit level of the bank. The larger the deposit, the higher the interest rate.
Choose a safe savings bank
You should also not be confused about which bank savings are safest between public and private banks. You should choose a bank that has an insurance package available for deposits. This will help ensure the safety of your funds. Especially when choosing a deposit interest rate, you need to pay attention to the reputation of the banks, … Because if you choose to have a bank that does not guarantee, high interest rates or many incentives will not benefit you.
As analyzed above, banks located in group 1 and group 2 should be the top priority when you want to save money.
Compare savings interest rates between banks
The most important criterion when saving a bank account is the interest rate. Instead choose a bank and go straight there to save. You should compare the interest rates at many different banks, as well as the preferential programs for customers before deciding which bank to save at the best.
These are just a few points that you need to keep in mind when saving money in a bank. There are still a lot of other points that you need to pay attention to. Therefore, you need to learn carefully and firmly grasp the information so that when you have a need to save money, you do not have to worry about anything. Especially, your money source will be guaranteed with reasonable interest rates and preferential policies.
Which bank is the best to deposit? This is not a question you can easily answer. So hopefully through the information shared above, you can understand more about this issue. Especially if you go through the consultation of the unit Banktop.vn everything will be safer.
Information edited by: banktop.vn