Your ATM card is currently unable to perform transactions and it is not known what is the problem with the ATM card. The easiest way to check if your ATM card is locked or not.
- Land price prediction in 2022
- What is a loan limit? Regulations on maximum loan limit
- What is 18K Italian Gold? How much is the price today 1 only? Should I buy it?
- Update Sacombank ATM card withdrawal limit
- How much money do you need to open a savings account? How to open a savings number?
Customer’s ATM card is locked due to expiration, incorrect PIN code entry, no transaction… resulting in the inability to use ATM card for transactions, affecting work. Then the following ways to check will help customers know the status of their card to find a solution.
How to check if your ATM card is locked or not? Let’s find out with Alo Open Card.
Table of Contents
How to check if an ATM card is locked or not?
The way to check whether an ATM card is locked or not is very simple, customers can check themselves anywhere on a Smartphone with internet or can also go to PGD/bank branch to check.
Check at ATM
- Step 1: Go to the bank’s ATM to register the card
- Step 2: Select the appropriate language to use and then enter the pin code (password).
- Step 3: The ATM tree will display on the screen with an error message. At this point, your card is locked. If you can still transact with your card, it means the card is not locked.
Check with bank number
Internet Banking or Mobile Banking service helps customers manage and look up account and card information. If you have registered for this utility service for your account, it is easy to check if your ATM card is locked or not at home.
- Step 1: Log in to the digital banking application or website of the bank you are using.
- Step 2: Find and click on “Card” or “Account and card”.
- Step 3: The screen will show the status of the active or deactivated card.
Check at PGD/bank branch
If the above methods of checking the balance in your ATM card are not applicable, you do not need to worry too much. You can bring your ID/CCCD to the nearest branch or transaction office of the bank opening the ATM card to ask the bank staff to check your ATM card.
For the fastest balance check support, you should pay attention to the bank’s branch/transaction office during business hours, priority is given to early morning or afternoon, few people come to transact.
Is the ATM card locked? Cause lock?
You need to understand the reasons why your ATM card is blocked. Once you know the reason why the card is locked, it is easy to fix it.
ATM card has expired
Debit cards have a validity of 7 years, visa cards, mastercards will have a validity of 5 years. The usage time will be indicated on the front of the card. After this time, customers need to renew the card before they can continue to use it.
Enter the wrong ATM card PIN more than 3 times
If you enter the wrong password (PIN code) more than 3 times when making transactions at an ATM. The card will be temporarily locked and cannot be used for transactions. This is the card’s protection against illegal transactions.
No transaction from card
ATM cards that are not used for a long time will be locked. Specifically, in 12 months, the card and account did not generate any transactions. The bank will automatically temporarily lock the card to ensure safety. Only when the cardholder reactivates the card can it work again.
Card lock due to unauthorized transactions
If the card has unauthorized, illegal transactions or transactions at ATMs that are not affiliated with the bank. The card will be temporarily locked to identify the transaction. In these cases, you need to go to the transaction office to open the card procedure.
Card lock required by authorities
If your card account is used for illegal purposes. If detected, the competent authority will ask the bank to block the card.
ATM card is locked, what to do to reactivate?
After determining your ATM card is currently locked. To continue using it again, it is necessary to reactivate the card. The following will be 2 cases of card activation.
In case the customer actively locks the card
If the card lock is required by you or self-lock the card. Then we can reactivate the card at home through the digital banking utility.
- Step 1: Log in to Internet Banking or Mobile Banking.
- Step 2: Select the “Card” section and click “Unlock”.
- Step 3: Confirm to unlock the card by entering the OTP code and the card will be reactivated.
In case of being locked due to an error
In cases where the card is locked due to incorrect input of pin code, expiration, … or other reasons not done by you. So to lock the card, you need to bring your identity card and card to the bank counter to unlock it.
- Step 1: Fill in personal information on the form and return it when completed.
- Step 2: Bank staff will reactivate your card on the system. If the card is locked due to incorrect PIN input, a new PIN will be re-issued. You need to go to the ATM to change the new PIN.
Tell you how to prevent your ATM card from being locked
Some of the following experiences will help the card stay active and not locked.
- Confidentiality of information to avoid revealing to others
- Take care of the card so that it is not bent, warped or scratched.
- Expiry date indicated on the card, if it expires, please renew it quickly
- Withdraw money at a registered or linked bank ATM
- In 3 months, it is recommended to use the card to make a transaction once so that the card will not be locked.
Above is all information on How to check if your ATM card is locked or not?. Hope you will have useful information after the article. If you have any questions, please contact your bank for the best support.