Currently, many people often confuse MBBank with MSB. In fact, these are two completely different banks. So “What bank is MSB??”, “What financial services is MSB providing?”. Check out the next post!
Table of Contents
Brief Introduction of Maritime Bank (MSB)
MSB was officially established in 1991. With 30 years of continuous improvement and development, MSB has achieved certain achievements. MSB’s first headquarters was located in Hai Phong but has now moved to Hanoi city.
|Full name in Vietnamese||Vietnam Maritime Commercial Joint Stock Bank|
|Full name in English||Vietnam Maritime Commercial Join Stock Bank|
|Abbreviations||MSB (formerly known as Maritime Bank)|
|Where to register for management||Hanoi Tax Department|
|Headquarters||TNR Tower, 54A Nguyen Chi Thanh, Lang Thuong Ward, Dong Da District, Hanoi City, Vietnam|
|Authorized capital||11,750 billion VND (second quarter of 2020)|
|Type||Joint-stock commercial bank|
|Legal representative||Nguyen Hoang Linh|
|Swift code MSB||MCOBVNVX|
Summary table of basic information about MSB
What is MSB Bank?
MSB is known as Vietnam Maritime Commercial Joint Stock Bank. The bank’s English transaction name is Vietnam Maritime Commercial Joint Stock Bank. Many people are familiar with the old brand name of MSB, Maritime Bank.
- Land price prediction in 2022
- What is a loan limit? Regulations on maximum loan limit
- What is 18K Italian Gold? How much is the price today 1 only? Should I buy it?
- Update Sacombank ATM card withdrawal limit
- How much money do you need to open a savings account? How to open a savings number?
MSB is the first joint stock commercial bank established in Vietnam. MSB together with other banks have created a strong banking system in Vietnam. Currently, MSB has more than 300 transaction offices and 500 ATMs across the country.
Is MSB a State or Private Bank
MSB is a joint stock bank with private capital. MSB has successfully merged Mekong Commercial Joint Stock Bank into its system. Therefore, MSB’s capital is relatively abundant.
MSB’s charter capital as of the second quarter of 2020 amounted to 11,750 trillion VND, creating a basis for the bank to develop. Although MSB is a privately owned bank, it still operates under the supervision and regulation of the State Bank of Vietnam.
MSB Bank LOGO
Meaning of LOGO:
+ Image part: the logo has a separate dot symbol representing the image of the customer as the focus of the brand. The dot combined with the rest of the figure forms a solid stylized “M”, showing that MSB will be a safe and stable fulcrum, bringing customers confidence and peace of mind with the brand.
+ Text: MSB uses 3 characters with uppercase font on the logo to bring minimalism but still full meaning of the name of the bank, also showing the solidity of the brand.
Color LOGO: using the trick of changing color from orange to red to show the constant innovation, dynamism and creativity of the brand, and at the same time, combined with black for the brand name to show certainty, yellow sesame for the brand.
Maritime Bank’s History and Development
To better understand the development process of MSB, let’s learn through the following information:
- 12/07/1991: MSB Bank was officially established, yes headquarters in Hai Phong.
- In 2005: MSB moved its headquarters to Hanoi and expanded its scale, with branches in many different provinces.
- 12/08/2015: MDB officially merged into Maritime Bank with charter capital 11,750 billion VND and total assets is 123,000 billion VND.
- In 2018: MSB takes the lead in applying technology to e-banking applications. Since then, MSB started a comprehensive transformation from brand identity to working method.
- 2022: Total assets reached 203,665 billion VNDcharter capital increased 15,275 billion VND.
What Products and Services does MSB provide?
With extensive experience in financial activities in Vietnam, MSB provides a wide range of services to customers. MSB is constantly opening new services and enhancing the quality of existing services. The main services of MSB include:
Products loans of MSB is very diverse including:
- Loans for business operations.
- Consumer loans such as buying a house, buying a car, buying real estate, etc.
- Give installment loan for priority customers.
- Loan overdraft accounts.
- Support quick loan online For customers wishing to apply for a loan online.
Credit Card Products
MSB is promoting the development of card products including:
- Issuing credit cards: MasterCard, Visa Online, tourist credit cards,…
- Issuing affiliate cards: Lotte Mart, Vpoint.
- Issuing domestic and international debit cards.
Various account services for individual and corporate customers such as:
- M – Pro account package.
- M1 account package – Account.
- M – Money account package.
Electronic Banking Service
Thanks to the application of digital technology, MSB has provided many electronic utilities to customers:
- Internet banking service.
- SMS banking service.
MSB provides a variety of savings services to customers such as:
- Savings package M – Savings.
- Online deposit savings plans.
- Forex money saving packages.
- Profitable recurring savings packages, saving Loc – Bao – Phat,…
Money Transfer And Receive Service
- Transfer and receive money internationally.
- Transfer and receive domestic money.
Is MSB Bank Reputable?
As one of the oldest banks in Vietnam, MSB has always had high credibility. All services of MSB bring satisfaction to customers. In addition, the bank is constantly increasing transparency and reducing bad debts.
MSB not only receives the trust of customers but also is highly appreciated by financial institutions. That is reflected in the prestigious awards that MSB has achieved in recent years. The awards and titles to be mentioned are as follows.
Some typical international awards:
- Award “Best Trade Finance Bank in Vietnam 2020” awarded by Global Banking & Finance Review.
- Award “Bank with the most innovative financial solutions for business owners 2020” awarded by International Finance Magazine.
- Award “Best Bank in Vietnam 2020” awarded by Global Finance Magazine.
Some typical national awards:
These awards and titles have honored the efforts of the entire system of officers and employees of MSB. In general, MSB is considered as one of the leading prestigious banks in Vietnam. These awards are the most convincing answer to the question “What is MSB?”
Working Time Maritime Bank (MSB)
MSB Bank working hours is from Monday to Saturday morning according to the time frame:
- Morning: From 8am to 12pm
- Afternoon: From 13:00 to 17:00
Current Information MSB
- MSB switchboard: 1800 599 999 – 0243 944 5566
- Fax: 024 3771 8899
- Email: [email protected]
- Head office address: 54A Nguyen Chi Thanh, Lang Thuong Ward, Dong Da District, Hanoi City
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MSBVietNam/
- Send information to request service advice, suggestions and complaints about MSB using the online form HERE
Look Up Branches, Transaction Offices of MSB
Step 1: You access the website https://www.msb.com.vn/mang-luoi and click on the triangle (as illustrated) to select the province.
Step 2: You scroll down to select more provinces.
Step 3: Results will appear. You scroll down to see more results.
What Banks Does MSB Link With?
The following is a list of banks that MSB is affiliated with:
- Vietnam International Commercial Joint Stock Bank (VIB)
- Saigon – Hanoi Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SHB)
- Western Commercial Joint Stock Bank (PVcomBank)
- Dong A Commercial Joint Stock Bank (DongABank)
- Nam A Commercial Joint Stock Bank (NamAbank)
- Dai Tin Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Trust Bank)
- Vietnam Russia Joint Venture Bank (VRB)
- Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Investment and Development (BIDV)
- Tien Phong Commercial Joint Stock Bank (TPBank) – Find out What is TPBank?
- Petrolimex Petroleum Commercial Joint Stock Bank (PG Bank)
- Southern Bank (Southern Bank)
- Global Petroleum Commercial Joint Stock Bank (GP Bank)
- An Binh Commercial Joint Stock Bank (AB Bank)
- Asia Commercial Joint Stock Bank (ACB)
- Southeast Asia Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SeABank)
- Vietnam Technological and Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Techcombank)
- Saigon Industrial and Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Saigon Bank)
- Saigon Thuong Tin Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Sacombank).
- Shinhanvina Bank One Member Limited (Shinhvina)
- Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Agribank)
- Ocean Commercial One Member Limited Liability Bank (OceanBank)
- Vietnam Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Industry and Trade (VietinBank)
- Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam (Vietcombank)
- Ho Chi Minh City Housing Development Commercial Joint Stock Bank (HDBank)
- Vietnam Export Import Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Eximbank)
- Orient Commercial Joint Stock Bank (OCB) – Find out What is OCB?
MSB is trying to improve service quality to lead in the banking system of Vietnam. MSB became more and more familiar to everyone. Surely you have found the answer to the question “What is MSB bank?“through this post.
Information edited by: lamchutaichinh.vn